More dates coming up…
Live Online Course. Drawing for Absolute Beginners. Cost: £80
When: 3 Wednesday evening sessions starting on 20th January. 7 – 9pm GMT.
What we’ll cover:
- Choosing and using media and paper,
- Practise making a variety of marks to convey textures that you see, from grass to feathers to bark.
- Practise drawing basic shapes.
- How to see spaces in between things (the negative space).
- How to measure and check for accuracy.
You’ll also learn how to
- make things look three-dimensional, including understanding one- and two -point perspective, and the effect of those on the scale of objects in your drawings.
There will be drawing games and experiments, with encouragement to be childlike in trying things out and discovering what’s possible, to develop your intuitive responses and a sense of play. The class size is limited, so there’s plenty of opportunity to get feedback and encouragement.
Book via Eventbrite: links coming soon
Regular drop-in drawing sessions
Venue: A suitable table in your own home
WHAT: a weekly, relaxed drawing session with friendly and supportive help from a professional, in company with others. We play some drawing games, learn about and practise some basic principles, and we’ll explore the objects in your own home through drawing them. Make yourself a cup of tea to start! Small classes, to create a relaxed and sharing atmosphere.
COST: £12 per session. No need to book the series. Concessions available, please ask. Pay via the link below, or bank transfer – I can send you the details.
WINTER TERM DATES: Mondays: 4th January 2021, weekly until 8th Feb, NO SESSION 15th. Resumes 22nd Feb weekly until 29th March. NO SESSION 5th April (Easter Monday).
Thursdays: starts 21st January 2021, weekly until 11th Feb, NO SESSION 18th Feb. Resumes until 25th Feburary weekly untl 1st April.
New: Thursday evenings, 7.30 – 9.00 GMT.
£12 for 1 1/2 hours; concessions are available, please ask. Details as above. Use the contact form below to sign up.
Online drawing class, Mondays 10-12. FULL
JOIN THE WAITING LIST: CONTACT FORM BELOW
Join the Waiting list:
CONTACT ABOUT DRAWING CLASSES:
BASIC REQUIREMENTS: You’ll need: paper, pencil, pen, coloured pencils.
SPECIFIC EQUIPMENT LIST, with links to buy.
- A4 sketchbook: https://www.cassart.co.uk/drawing/paper-3/sketchbooks/cass-art-sketchbook-140gsm-set-of-3.htm?refSrc=P024873&nosto=productpage-nosto-1
- 2B drawing pencil: https://www.cassart.co.uk/drawing/pencils/product-type-graphite-pencils/cass-art-graphic-pencils-eco-carton-set.htm
- set of water soluble coloured pencils: https://www.cassart.co.uk/drawing/pencils/watercolour-pencils/derwent-watercolour-pencil-tin-set-of-12-assorted-colours.htm
- Brush, round size 10-ish: https://www.cassart.co.uk/painting/brushes-2/synthetic-1/daler-rowney-aquafine-round.htm
- putty rubber or white/ blu tack: https://www.cassart.co.uk/drawing/accessories-2/rubber/daler-rowney-soft-putty-rubber.htm
- place to work
- good lighting
One Drawing Class Session
For current members of Monday and Thursday classes. Please contact me to join.
One Drawing Class session, Concession
For current members of Monday and Thursday drawing groups