Live Online Course. Drawing for Absolute Beginners. Cost: £
When: 3 Wednesday evening sessions starting on 18th November. 7 – 9pm.
What we’ll cover:
- Choosing and using media and paper,
- Practise making a variety of marks to convey textures that you see, from grass to feathers to bark.
- Practise drawing basic shapes.
- How to see spaces in between things (the negative space).
- How to measure and check for accuracy.
You’ll also learn how to
- make things look three-dimensional, including understanding one- and two -point perspective, and the effect of those on the scale of objects in your drawings.
There will be drawing games and experiments, with encouragement to be childlike in trying things out and discovering what’s possible, to develop your intuitive responses and a sense of play.
Book via Eventbrite:
Online Class: Create a colour Wheel
Learn how to blend coloured pencils and create your own colour wheel. Use it to understand colour relationships and choose colour schemes.
When: Saturday 21st November 2020, 10.00 – 13:00 GMT
Do you want to feel more confident with colour theory? Understand how to use a colour wheel as a practical tool? Practise coloured pencils techniques?
In this single three hour session you will :
- create a colour wheel using coloured pencils,
- learn how to blend them to make lots of new colours from a limited palette
- create light tints and dark shades using white and black
- learn how to mix further neutral colours and make interesting blacks.
What you’ll need:
- cartridge paper
- a set of 12 coloured pencils, good quality – they have more pigment in them than cheap pencls and will give a richer colour.
- your colours need to incude white and black, as well as a red and/or magenta, blue and yellow.
- Graphite pencils, not too soft – H, or HB are best.
For the wheel you’ll create: either
- a compass, ruler and protactor to draw out your own
- a printer to print off the file I will send you.
Online drawing class, Mondays 10-12. FULL
JOIN THE WAITING LIST: CONTACT FORM BELOW
Venue: A suitable table in your own home
WHAT: a weekly, relaxed drawing session with friendly and supportive help from a professional, in company with others. We play some drawing games, learn about and practise some basic principles, and we’ll explore the objects in your own home through drawing them. Make yourself a cup of tea to start!
COST: £10 per session. No need to book the series. Concessions available, please ask. Pay va the link below, or bank transfer – please ask for details.
Join the Waiting list:
CONTACT ABOUT DRAWING CLASSES:
BASIC REQUIREMENTS: You’ll need: paper, pencil, pen, coloured pencils.
SPECIFIC EQUIPMENT LIST, with links to buy.
- A4 sketchbook: https://www.cassart.co.uk/drawing/paper-3/sketchbooks/cass-art-sketchbook-140gsm-set-of-3.htm?refSrc=P024873&nosto=productpage-nosto-1
- 2B drawing pencil: https://www.cassart.co.uk/drawing/pencils/product-type-graphite-pencils/cass-art-graphic-pencils-eco-carton-set.htm
- set of water soluble coloured pencils: https://www.cassart.co.uk/drawing/pencils/watercolour-pencils/derwent-watercolour-pencil-tin-set-of-12-assorted-colours.htm
- Brush, round size 10-ish: https://www.cassart.co.uk/painting/brushes-2/synthetic-1/daler-rowney-aquafine-round.htm
- putty rubber or white/ blu tack: https://www.cassart.co.uk/drawing/accessories-2/rubber/daler-rowney-soft-putty-rubber.htm
- place to work
- good lighting
One Monday drawing class session
For current members of Monday Drawing group